Chapter 2 – Develop Module

Video 2.2 – Develop Module Mastery Part 1

Video 2.3 – Develop Module Mastery Part 2

Video 2.4 – Develop Module Mastery Part 3

7 Responses to Chapter 2 – Develop Module

1. mm
    Steve November 12, 2015 at 5:50 am #

Got a question about these videos?

Leave a comment and I’ll get back to you with an answer 🙂

2. SimonChinyama January 8, 2016 at 11:19 pm #

This was great , I have learnt a lot of new stuff. Steve I think this is one of the best video tutorials I have seen. It takes one from the very basics to almost an expert. I wish you could do the same with your Photoshop videos as well. I had purchased some but I have not used them much because the learning curve for me was very steep . Your Photoshop videos were not easy to follow for beginners.

3. BenteAndermahr April 28, 2016 at 6:37 am #

Hi Steve, finding the videos very good and topping up my knowledge and abilities in Lightroom. What I have long wanted to know is, why in the WB settings, the white balance in LR looks for the middle/neutral grey, and doesn’t give the option of choosing a white setting or a black setting?

• mm
      Steve May 9, 2016 at 2:59 am #

The white and black points come into play in the Curves adjustment in Photoshop because the curves adjustment takes into account the overall histogram (including brightness) and this requires that white and black point information.

I think as far as purely white balance goes, the middle grey is all that’s needed to get an accurate colour where exposure is not taken into consideration.

4. StephenCampbell August 21, 2016 at 3:07 am #

Steve,

The videos are well done and a good review with a few pointers that I was not aware of. I did want to share with you and others that the “H” will either show or hide the circles in the Heal and Clone Tool as well as the lines of the graduated filter. And, the letter “o” will toggle on or off the red mask of the brush, the radial, and filter functions. That way you don’t have to take the time to tick or untick the box at the bottom.

With the Clone and Heal tool if you tick the box on the bottom panel your image will be converted to B & W and it makes finding spots much easier.

Thanks again for your energy and effort.

Best,

Stephen

5. Pierrede Mengin September 19, 2016 at 8:25 pm #

Hi Steve,
    Thanks for the course which is very helpful. One thing would help : having the raw files so that when we follow the course we can better see the variations on the pictures which in the videos is sometimes difficult to see.
    Regards
    Pierre

6. allanmumm January 22, 2017 at 3:54 am #

Hi Steve thanks so much for course as a newbie it has taught me so much and easy to understand .regards allan